Monday, May 14, 2018

The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge


You know I love playing on the Outlawz Forum and I really always try not to miss the Tuesday Color challenge because it often takes me a bit out of my comfort zone and allows me to explore different styles.  Generally, I'm struggling last minute (like today) but it's always fun.  I probably wouldn't have so much trouble if I didn't take things so literally, but that's how I roll.



So here's the swatch and of course I couldn't get the peacock feathers out of my mind.  The dies are old Spellbinders and my first attempt was to cut them in white and color them with Copics.  Hideous!  Second attempt was to cut out of the DCWV Glitzy Glitter stack which is lovely paper with a superfine glitter finish that doesn't shed, but doesn't die cut for crap because of the stuff they use to make that glitter stay put.  It cuts through the glitter and the backing, but that in between just doesn't give up.  I ended up using a craft knife to get some of the intricate pieces free.   After that I decided to use stickers for the sentiment and corners instead of trying my luck again with dies and chose a birthday sentiment because there's gobs of challenges calling for Birthday cards at the mo.  So obviously my other colors are green and gold(ish) and my twist is to add sparkle and shine.  Done before 6:00.  YAY, me!

I'm adding this to the C.R.A.F.T Challenge #467 and Annual Birthday Blog Hop, the DL.Art May Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #81 AG

8 comments:

  1. You did a marvelous job with this card! I'm glad you persevered with the dies, they are just perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Tuesday Colour Challenge at the Outlawz!
    Jacqui
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna I was admiring your gorgeous card and then read what you put and you made me giggle, sounds just like I am when I craft. I never end up woth what I thought of in the first place as something always and I mean always goes wrong lol. I've tried die cutting this beautiful glitter card I have and oh boy! I nearly three or across the room !! Lol! Nope doesn't cut . Anyway a gorgeous card and you did a lovely job with the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW beautiful Donna, I love the background This came out great. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna this is gorgeous. I love the lush colour tones.
    Thanks for joining our birthday blog hop at CRAFT, hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge
    Hester GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Donna, this is a fabulous card!! Thanks for entering our Birthday Bloghop at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!