Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Thinking of You (in Memory of Lillie Charleston)


Yesterday I said a final goodbye to my dear friend, Lillie Charleston.  I got to know Lillie on the Cricut Message Board back in 2008 and was honored to serve on several design teams with her throughout the years.  She was a strong woman, a wonderful mother, a talented crafter, and a true and loyal friend.  She made me laugh...a lot, and I still can't believe I'll never pick up the phone again and hear her say, "Hey there girlfriend, whatcha doin'?"  

Gotta say I struggled with this card for her family.  Lillie made the most beautiful sympathy cards.  We used to laugh and say they were her specialty. They were always very elaborate, but beautifully done and I'm afraid I got a bit carried away with the die cuts trying to make something special in her memory.



The beautiful image is Angel of Sympathy by Aurora Wings.  There was no question in my mind which image I wanted to use.  She's colored with Copics with glittered wings and fussy cut and popped on multiple layers of iridescent card stock cut with Spellbinders Elegant Labels Four.


I found the inside verse on the net.  It said:

Tenderly
May time ease your sorrow
Gently
May friends ease your pain
Softy
May peace replace heartache
And may only warmest
memories remain



It was a beautiful service.

R.I.P. Lillie


3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card Donna - so beautiful for this sad occasion xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillie's family will treasure the beautiful card you made for them. The sentiment inside is perfect. I love all of the layers and how you positioned the Angel. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you lost such a special friend. Your card is beautiful and I'm sure her family will adore it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!