Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lucky Kitties


Yes, I'm fully aware that St. Paddy's Day has come and gone, but those who know me well, know that I'm notoriously late with holidays.  Heck, at my house Christmas has barely left the building and I'm just beginning to decorate for Easter (and no, I'm not Eastern Orthodox).  BUT fortunately, I'm just squeaking under the wire for the "Lucky Kitty" challenge at SUYP (cats only Challenge Blog.  Yea, ME!  This motley crew is called Nine Lives Kitties by Sandra Caldwell (babycakesdnd).  The Luck of the Irish digi paper is from AMBillustrations.  I've added some green burlap from DCWV, glitter 4 leaf clovers and a bit of plaid ribbon from my stash for texture.



Here's a closeup of the adorable image. They're colored with Copics with a bit of fur detail from Prismacolor pencils.  And why are they lucky?



They've got each other's backs.  Who needs nine lives when you're part of the Irish "Meow"fia family?  Well, maybe it would come in handy.  LOL

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art April Linky challenge, the DL.Art Thankful Thursday ATG challenge, Open Minded Crafting Fun Luck/ St. Patrick's Day and the Simon Says Wednesday ATG challenge.

8 comments:

  1. That is super fabulous Donna and I just adore that digi :-D Fantastic colouring and the 'Meow'fia had me chuckling away like a crazy woman hahaha LoL
    Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Saint Patrick's Day card! I love the shamrocks and the green burlap and ribbon! The "Meowfia" image is just so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your St. Pat's card, Donna - the critters are adorable, love the sentiment, and all the greens! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sentiment goes perfect with that gang of cats. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday April Linky Challenge. Katie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun fun St Pat's card. We loves our meow kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow super fabulous. What a fun fun image I love it. Love the design and love how you have colored your image too. Great work and just perfect for this challenge.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna...your card gave me a good chuckle. I love it. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Open Minded Crafting fun. Good luck. Hope to see you again.
    Lynn, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay... these kitties are ADORABLE!! Love the papers.. Love the fabric! Its just perfect!! hehehe We are the same at my house at forever behind on holidays!! The days are just way too short!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan's - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!