Saturday, January 9, 2016

Ho, Ho, Ho! (Better late than never)


I'm having a bit of a tough time, not only crafting, but blogging, since I took some time off during the holidays to enjoy more time with friends and family, but here's a little ornament I made for one of the Gecko Galz FB challenges using an image from the Gecko Galz Blue Christmas Craft Kit.



I sized the center portion to fit the ornament with the snowflake edges popping out and printed it 3 times so I could fussy cut and decoupage the layers.  I used Pinflair (sort of a silicone gel that doesn't give off fumes) between the layers, instead of foam, because of the small size.  There was still room for a sparkly pom pom for his hat, as well.



For the back I sized one of the sentiments from the Gecko Galz Words of the Season Collage Sheet , recolored it red in my Printmaster Platinum program and glued it to the back of Santa.  I inked the edges of the snowflake, added some Stickles and popped it in the ornament with some Tim Holtz silver tinsel around the edge.  I so enjoyed my year as a DT member at Gecko Galz, but I've stepped down from all but 2 of my DT's in order to (hopefully) organize and remodel my craft room.  I certainly will miss the fab team but hope to continue to participate in their challenges when I'm able.

I'm entering this in the ABC Christmas Challenge "A" is for ATG

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty ornament! I love what you've done with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this sweet ornament...the image is oh-so jolly! Have fun organizing and remodeling your craft room...bet it looks great when it's doe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Santa image and tree ornament, just gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in at ABC Christmas challenge this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bauble Donna, I love the vintage Santa and the whole design is absolutely fabulous! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!