Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Head Over Heels for Spring!


There's a new release at The East Wind Etsy shop today today called Unkytoon Hello (a bargain at only $1.55 USD).  The East Wind Artist goes by the name of Unky Lastrange and this fun little witch is Unky personified.  She seemed to be decked out in Spring clothes today and her pose made me think of cartwheels, so I colored her in BRIGHT Spring colors (those are Copic neons), fussy cut her, attached her to two pennies with foam between them, and made a Spring spinner card with her.  



I made a video of her spinning, but I couldn't figure out how to upload it from my camera.  And, I'm probably the last person on earth who does not own a Smartphone so...  Here's how she started.



And how she ended up (after spinning "head over heels" along the slot). This brings painful thoughts to mind as I couldn't for the life of me ever do a decent cartwheel.  As a Jr. High cheerleader I dreaded our "Sis Boom" cheer which publicly revealed my hideous in ineptitude and I've been scarred for life.  Really! I'm curious to know if you're actually reading this post.  LOL  DP is ancient Heidi Grace and the the sentiment is computer generated.  

Be sure to stop by the East Wind FB Group page to see what's up.  Every Tuesday and Friday there's a new release and the current FB challenge is Make it Krafty, which ends April 17th (separate from the Challenge Blog where a new one starts tomorrow). 

I'm entering this in the Inspiration Destination ATG Challenge, the DL.Art Thankful Thursday Use the Color Orange challenge, Moving Along with the Times Anything but a Square Card, Creative Moments ATG/Spring or Easter, and Artisitic Inspirations ATG With a Twist of Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Well cartwheel queen, I did read your post and have to admit I did love doing them. Always fancied being a cheerleader too, but there wasn't really much call for them in Scotland, lol! Love your super bright and cheery card and so pleased you joined us at MAWTT, jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!