Friday, January 31, 2014

Dilly Beans Challenge- Shaped Cards


There's a new challenge at Dilly Beans: Shaped Cards.  No squares or rectangles, ya hear?  Megan also has a fabulous assortment of adorable new digi gals at the Dilly Beans Shop and I've used one of my faves, #592 Aidynn's Winter Hat Framed. EEEK!  Isn't her hat the cutest?  I'm sort of embarrased not too have used my Cricut here, but I've had sort of a block lately,after years and years of doing elaborate shaped cards.  Instead I pulled out my Nesties Grands and my cool Stampin' Up Festive Flurry stamp and die cut set and went to town.  That beautiful jewel is Stampin' Up, too.  The wire ribbon is from my stash and I'll tell you a little tip if you want to use ribbon for a sentiment as I did here.  Tape your ribbon to a strip of card stock before cutting the ends to length and it will be easier to cut, you'll avoid fraying, and it will be easier to adhere with tape or foam to whatever project you choose.


We've had an unseasonably warm and dry Winter here in CA, but I know many of you have been bombarded by snow and frigid temps.  That was my inspiration this week and I even finished the inside of my card, just for you.  HUGS!

Oh, and one last thing.  Be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog to see some of the newest Dilly Beans in action...sooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!!  And if you act fast (like I mean TODAY!) you can get them 2 for one.  Hurry!  Don't miss it!

I'm also entering this in the Crafting by Designs Think Warms Thoughts Challenge, Creative Moments Anything Goes, Add Some Sparkle, Digi Stamps 4 Joy Add REAL Ribbon, TTRCD ATG Jan 27th-Feb 4th, Die Cuttin' Divas Winter Fun and The Sisterhood of Crafters Winter's Snowflakes, Stampin' with the Dragon Winter Blues and the Creatalicious Turquoise Winter Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great idea and it's SO SWEET! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Winter Snowflake’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very beautiful Donna
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna, this is so pretty! I love that image, and of course you have her colored so pretty! I also love your card shape no matter how you made it. lol I think you card is simple gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shaped card and image. Those stamped snowflakes are lovely. You must have used your Cricut or something to cut the base card?! TFS at DCD's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Leona (Creative Moments DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!