Sunday, November 10, 2013

Outlawz CAS Challenge Rememberance/Celebrate



I'm really enjoying my November Guest DT spot for the Sunday CAS challenges on the Outlawz Forum.  This week our theme is Rememberance/Celebrate.

Our loved ones that have left our physical world are always in our thoughts and prayers and this week we challenge you to create a CAS card or project in their favourite colours, theme or even animal treat or toy.

I immediately thought of my Dad.  Being a Daddy's girl, he is always in my heart and has been a lifelong inspiration in so many ways.  I had a hard time choosing the theme however, because he was an artist, an inventor (a mechanical engineer (but he preferred to call himself an "inventor"  sooo cute!)  a wonderful dancer, ice skater (we went every Saturday for years when I was a child and he built a rink in the backyard every winter) and he loved golf.  Obviously, I went with the golf theme as it lended itself quite easily to the CAS style.

I used the Cuttlebug Polka Dots folder for my mat and flipped it to the debossed side to resemble a golf ball.  The circle cut outs were done with my Nesties, the green and sky, sponged with Distress Inks, the hole drawn with a Sharpie.  Wrapped some card stock around a toothpick for the flag and added an adhesive pearl for a golf ball.  The sentiment was done with the retired Cuttlebug Typewriter Alphabet.  Done, WooHoo!

I'm also adding this to the Simon Says Wednesday Keep it Clean and Simple Challenge.


Then I thought again about the theme and remembered an adorable little rubber stamp set with 4 kitties by Nicoart (on Etsy but no longer doing business) that looked like some of my departed fur babies and came up with these note cards.  The tuxedo cat was Max, the Siamese, my first kittie at age 4, I named Twinkle, the striped one was Kelly, and the diva was Cashmere.  Still miss them all, but Goliath and Jezzie but certainly fill the void.  Used my Greeting Card Factory program to do the sentiments.  The embossed circles were done with Nesties by running it through my Grand Caliber with the embossing mat and plate only so it wouldn't cut through.  Then I scored around the edges.  Easy peasy.  See why I'm loving these CAS challenges?

I'm also adding these to the CAS on Sunday One Layer Wonder Challenge.

Well I'm off for the day to meet up with some blogging friends for the very first time in person!  I'm beyond excited and hope to have pix to show.  Have a great rest of your weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. HEY THERE! Cool golf card...gotta remember that debossing for golf balls. And how cute are those kitties! Ahhh.....another think I must remember....the the rubber mat embossing. Good thing I popped in, huh?
    I also have a brand new blog....finally!
    www.acharmingidea.blogspot.com
    come check me out! Although....there's really nothing on there yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, didn't realize I was signed in on the No Bees. Today I am a true blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful meet up and love how that flag pops right out, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So cute and creative! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your one layer cards! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!