Sunday, July 21, 2013

Overcoming my Fear of Stamping for Stampotique


Okay, I do a lot of digi stamping, but when it comes to the real thing, my palms start sweating.  Honestly, after I've inked up a rubber or clear stamp, my heart starts pounding and I actually start shaking (probably my problem, LOL) but the thought of a blurred or half stamped image makes me just cringe!  Yeah, I know, there are no mistakes in art, but if my impression doen't turn out PERFECTLY, I'm NOT a happy camper.  However, there are some real stamps I just can't resist, especially Stampotique.  I love how their Designer's challenges are weekly, but you have all month to get them in.  If you're late, there's no chance of a "shout out" but considering my stamping, that's highly unlikely anyway, so here's my entry for SDC 108 "French Flair".  I'm so proud of myself.  I actually used FOUR diffrent stamps and even stamped the flourish (from BAsic Grey) directly on the DP.  Aren't I the brave one!?  The Eiffel Tower is Tim Holtz and I mussed that one up royally but still decided to use it. (Go ME!)  The tres chic outfit is a Dylusions clear stamp from the Couture Collection and finally, the head is Cloche hat by Kelle McCarter but she seems to have disapppeared from the Stampotique site.  Bummer on that but c'est la vie!

8 comments:

  1. I giggle when I see you talk of fear mainly because I see you as fearless, I know lol, but even if you are you always overcome in such delightful ways, this is charming, whimsical, fun and so detailed YOU, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna! I just love your take on "French Flair"! I recognized that couture stamp (still on my wish list), and you have used it so creatively here. I "blew up" your image so I could see the detail and, when I look at your Eiffel Tower stamp, I can't tell it isn't perfect! So many stamps these days (for instance, a lot of the text stamps from Stampotique) are created to intentionally give imperfect images! I think you can be very proud of this card and of your stamping abilities!! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby, girl. You have won the Blue ribbon of no-shaking creativity. Love this card.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well, well, look who's a rubber stamping pro all of a sudden! Kudos to you for taking the inky plunge! This turned out fabulous! Looks completely intentional on all fronts.
    Good luck in the draw at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did good :-D Your card turned out lovely! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for stamping, it's almost as if you've done it before?!! So clever and chic....love your card.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to see you using your stamps and joining us for the challenges. Love what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!