Monday, July 29, 2013

Get Your Chunk on at Haunted Design House


This is the second week of our Chunky ATC Challenge at HDH.  Chunky? you say?  Well, a regular ATC (artist's trading card) is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2", but a "Chunky" adds the depth of 1 1/2" to make it more of a free standing art piece.  Most often an embellished chunk of wood, we at HDH encourage creativity and even have provided a template to make a box to decorate if you have trouble getting wood.  (OOOh, major BUMMER!)  I went with wood to which (witch?) I've added a masonite "inspiration fairy shrine" (coulda fooled me, I'd call her a WITCH!) from Retro Cafe Art Gallery.  Might as well grap a cuppa, this is gonna be one LONG post!

I've covered the shrine  (and chunk) with DP from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells stack.  The witch face is a freebie from The Graphics Fairy and the wings from the A Little Bit Batty set from Smeared Ink.  I took the back off the Tim Holtz birdcage and glued it to the shrine window after filling it with a skull and wishbone (remains of??)

 The little poem on the sides I've borrowed from fellow Minion Creepy Glo, computer generated and overstamped with a web rubber stamp by Jo Capper Sandon from Stampotique.

 
Hee Hee, tastes like chicken!




The back has more DP from Graphic 45, frame from Jolee and a cute witch hat charm from my stash.

 
 
Top, a sticker from Authentique.



And finally, my very favorite part!  The witch's souvenir album (from Tim Holtz) to which I've added a skull charm.
 


 
Inside, the snaps of some of her most delectable meals.  That last one was a mixed grill.  YUMBO!  Kudos to you for hanging in there.  I'm telling you, these chunks just may prove to be addicting.  Why blow chunks when you can decorate them?  Wanna try one?  The Minions have outdone themselves with creativity unequalled.  Be sure to stop by HDH to view them all.  And BTW, our post last week featured those we've entered in the current Design Team Throwdown (yeah, it's the same theme, we got to pick and decided to multitask. so be sure to stop by the Smeared and Smudged Forum and VOTE for your FAVE TEAM!

 
 

8 comments:

  1. WOW. Lots of cool deets.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Come over Aug 1st for Just Because Linky Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMFG hun - feckin' AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby fabby.... Love those chunky "thangs".
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh !!! FABULUSSSSSSS - this is a masterpiece Donna and I luv the collection of 'victims' idea. Brilliant :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible Donna but we expect nothing less from you. You always manage to pull some amazing creative genius pieces. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is awesome, love the cage, I saw a lantern by TH that sparked my imagination some but have so much going on did not bring it home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing!! I didn't even know there were chunky ATC's! lol Not that I know much about them. I love how cool yours turned out!! You do such amazing things Donna! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haaahaaha, at least you're not using the chunks you blow! This is wicked outstanding and I love looking at the chunkiness. Nothing better than kid stew to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!