Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dilly Beans Winter Wonderland


OH dear! I'm a whole day late in posting this week's Dilly Beans Winter Wonderland Challenge Card. And if you're here for the Dia de Reyes Blog Hop, please scroll down. (Even if you aren't, go take a look for a little chuckle, ok?) Seems like I've been behind all week. Sounds like most of the country is having unusual winter weather. Where's all the snow? Certainly not in the Sierras here. Bummer for skiers for sure. My sweet snowmen are plenty frosty and bringing food and shelter for the little birdies I've cut from the Holly Birdhouse Set.

Aren't they cuties? I've colored them with copics to match the pretty DP from the MME Wonderful Winter Stack and stickled them a bit for frosty goodness. I've added some additional snowflakes from JoLee's and my Tim Holtz On the Edge Snowflake border that I cut twice, staggered, glittered, and adorned with MORE snowflakes which qualifies this for this week's Whimsical Wednesdays "On the Edge" challenge. Well actually, maybe it doesn't BUT...



The glittery sticker border from Cloud 9 around the edge of my mat sure does so I guess I'm covered. LOL Added some corner beads with my Platinum Liquid Pearls with which I need to practice a bit more, but I do like the fact that those babies stay STUCK where you want 'em. That triple bow was done with my Bow(not so)Easy. Need a bit more practice with that, too. Now go have a look at beautiful inspiration from my DB DT sisters and come and play along.

14 comments:

  1. If your sparkly snowflakes are the only ones I see this winter, I'll be a happy girl. Odd weather, but I'll take it. This is really cute...love your triple bow. lol...on the bow easy...I watched a youtube video on it and decided I didn't really need to tie a perfect bow after all. What is life without a little imperfection, after all? I do think your bow is really cool, so maybe I'll give it another go....grrr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovin this sparkly and frosty creation Donna. Beautiful papers and Layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, very pretty card. Love the snowmen and the paper too. Great combo, and you always make it look terrific!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wha? No Cricket? Gorgeous card! LOVE those snowmen and that edge punch is on the wish list. I was thinking about getting a Bow (not so) Easy, but I may just stick with tying knots. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and the adorable snowmen. Love the glittery snowflakes. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just adorable. I love the lttle snowmen all dressed up warm and snuggly... the snowflakes are wonderful and the ribbon is perfect.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Love the paper. Love the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet card donna you matched your colors perfectly :) and yea isnt the weather weirding out on us..but ill take this 60 degree stuff anytimne :) thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful.
    Love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have not had any snow here in NY (except for unexpected Halloween Snow Storm). It was 50 here yesterday!!! I have a feeling we are going to pay for it soon. Your card is super cute. I really like that winter DP! You matched that ever adorable snowman, and birds perfectly. Your snowflakes certainly fit the challenge, as does your outside border..you have it covered, twice. Thanks for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna,GORGEOUS card my friend!I LOVE the great background paper,pretty color combo and these little snowman are TOO CUTE!Have a SUPER day:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card! I love the snowflake border and the way you framed the card! Super cute! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course it qualifies! In fact, your snowflake punch and the mat border double your qualifications! Love the frosty snowflakes all over the place and of course the DB image is adorable. I like how you staggered the punch. Gives it the necessary Donna Dimension! :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays, Chickie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!