Monday, January 23, 2012

BBTB2 Layered Flowers Challenge



WooHoo! I wasn't sure I was gonna make this one because yesterday I was quite under the weather, but this morning I was able to pull myself together and finish her up. Yea, me! I hate to let the team down or disappoint you all (or myself, for that matter). Our sweet and fabulously talented DT sister Jeri chose layered flowers this week for our BBTB2 challenge. She suggested the Bloom cart (which I can't believe I don't have) but as always, you may play along with any cartridge as long as it's a new creation, follow the challenge and link it up to BBTB2. I don't have to remind you to use your Cricut, do I? LOL In the spirit of trying to actually use some of the bazillion carts I've accumulated I chose Sophie for my flower cuts, along with "Just Because" Cards for the words and Don Juan for the "&".



It's all welded in DS to a base from George. Yup, it's a shaped front card again. I apologize for the lack of creativity in the color scheme, but I used papers that were still laying around from previous projects because my brain wasn't up to making other choices.


It actually ended up with more dimension than I planned because the largest flower had plenty more room for petals without compromising the original design so layer I did. Each is embossed with Swiss dots and the cool yellow stamens are from a McGill punch. LOVE it! And wait 'til you see the gorgeous flowers from my teammates this week. Wowsers! If that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is. Hope you join us at BBTB2 and BTW, there's still a week left for the Numbers challenge too. We sure love it when you play along.

17 comments:

  1. Ooooh scrummy AWESOME - LUV this............even if it is pretty, pretty :-D xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always divine Ms. D. love your polka dots. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing, Donna! Always love your dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous card Donna and in such beautiful colours, love all the added dimensions.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful It is so striking with the green against the black I always love to come and see your work.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you kidding me?...lack of creativity in the color scheme?... Girl, you are awesome, and you never disappoint. You always participate in our challenges and I always look forward to what you have created.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloomin gorgeous is what it is Girl! Glad you're feeling better.....can't keep a good gal down LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first thing I noticed was the "dot" theme to the papers and thought, how cute is that? I love the layers. I wish I could be half so creative when not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as always Donna! I'm so glad your feeling better! I was pushing it too to the last minute and so wanted to do this challenge because I just Love flowers and funny thing is I almost used the Shopie cart too but couldn't decide on which image! Then used something totally differant, lol! I just Love that stamen punch I've been on the look out for it but always get side tracked and wind up forgetting it, lol! Well I'm so glad you didn't dissapoint us and got your project finished, I always look forward to seeing them!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is GORGEOUS Donna!I LOVE all the great layers,BEAUTIFUL details and all the polka dots,AMAZING as always my friend!Have a SUPER day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dotted paper and dimension on the flowers! And the Swiss dots embossing carries on the dot theme-love the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm your biggest fan when it comes to your 3D projects...they're always over the top (which is a good thing!) wonderful! This card is no exception...I'm loving all the polka dots and pop-dots!

    I feel so bad that I haven't been visiting as much lately...I'm blaming it on my iPad 'cuz everytime I visit your blog the background is black w/ red letters and I can't read the text due to my tired old eyes. HaHa....it's a bit creepy really....just like a few of your posts! Back to my laptop just so we can visit!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers! First I'm so very glad that you felt well enough to finish your beautiful project. Amazing job, my friend. Love the touch of embossing and the stamens are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna. Thanks for your comment. I didn't take photos step by step, that was my first try, and i didn't know what the heck i'm doing. LOL. But i will see what i can do, maby i just need to make another one with tutorial?????
    BTW. Your 3D' card are gorgeous!!!!
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, absolutely LOVE the dimension on this, and don't apologise for the colour scheme, it's just fabulous. Love the way the words jump out. Really great card. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is adorable. I love how the flower has so much dimmension.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful with all those layers!!! It's wonderful with the embossing and dimension!!
    Debbie
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!