Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Acetate Challenge



This week at Bah! Humbug! it is the dreaded Acetate Challenge. Eiyiyi! Because of preparations for our July 4th party, (yes, we had a blast, ate and drank WAY too much, stayed up late and we're still recovering) I had no time to really think about this and the magnitude of the challenge until today. Secretly, I think those Humbuggers were exacting revenge on us Yanks for the whole Independence thing, but that could just be me. Worse yet, I decided to try something new and take on a "Magic" card from SplitcoastStampers , which just about did me in. Even when I'm feeling 100%, measuring is not my forte, so this proved to be more than a little daunting. Since I stink at stamping, and stamping on acetate is a particular bite, I decided to use a digi stamp and let the computer do that work for me. I used the quirky little Prezzie Elf, part of Santa's Grotto from The Octopode Factory.



I chose non traditional colors from the Happy Holidays collection by Fancy Pants because of the whimsical image. As you pull on the bow, the magic starts to happen.


I used the method shown on the video for this type of card because I used my Nesties to cut the window.


As you can see, once fully extended, a fully colored image appears just like magic! WooHoo! He's colored with Copics with some Distress inking in the background. The sentiment is also computer generated. I think it turned out pretty darn cute, despite my troubles in creating it. Hopefully next time will go better (if there ever IS a next time). Is it "Happy Hour" yet? Oh yeah!

9 comments:

  1. Me First!!! Ha-HA, I see ya managed to get it done. It came out really cute, and it does look like a magic card. You go girl!

    hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's left to say!!! Your project is completely tooo cute for it's own good!!! I am happy you managed to complete it!!! LOL I have had the buggers pulled from my hair trying to figure how to make some things :o) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work!!!! I love the "magic"....too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna. Even though you party hard and don't feel good now it sounds like you had a fab time. This card is awesome. I love all those colors, and that image...OMG..too cute. It does not look like you struggled at all. BTW, I hate measuring too. So I got sick with pneumonia and spent the weekend in the hospital. Came home yesterday. I am so sorry I have not been by. I hope you will no hold it against me. You know I am your biggest fan:) Hugs, and I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    This is fabulous. I love the bright colours and the cute image. Brilliantly made.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Party hard and lovin' it iz you.... I love this little darlig creation that looks like it just fell together for you in 2 seconds flat.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's just....Magic lol!! seriously, what a fab card & love the colours. As for Happy Hour.....in the words of Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffet: It's 5 o clock somewhere!!!

    Thanks for playing along with Bah Humbug,

    Abi - Guest DT for July

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL .. you never cease to surprise us at Humbug Hall Donna. Love this magical card ... something I've never tried myself because of the dreaded measuring and my own impatience but maybe one day ...!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
    PS: Hope you had one for me on 4th July *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Donna. You sure came up with a winner the morning after... Glad you had a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!