Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tiddly Inks Christmas Card Challenge



This is my second post of the day, so if you're looking for the
Kickin' Off Christmas Blog Hop, please scroll down.


This week at Tiddy Inks we've got the Christmas spirit so we're kicking off the season with a Christmas card challenge. I can't believe how the time flies. My card is a diamond fold and you can find a video HERE. There are so many fabulous Winter/Holiday stamps at the Tiddly Inks Store that I had a hard time choosing. I finally decided on the adorable Bah-Huggabugs. I printed them off 3 times so I could pop one of the bugs and paper piece the tree. they are colored with Copics, fussy cut and mounted on a Labels One Nestie. On each side there are presents from the Present Time set. I printed the digital stamp line art version of the stack so I could color them to match. I just cut the stack apart and popped the bottom present to go on either side. The sentiment, little chipboard peppermints and litte round poinsettia next to the tree are K&Co stickers.

I love how this card fold stands up and makes a little scene.

And the whole shebang folds up (pretty) flat for mailing too. With all of the dimension and those little Humbuggers it still fits in a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 envie. Wanna see some more fabulous Christmas inspiration? The rest of the Tiddly Inkers have loads, so drop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and don't forget to play along You will have 2 weeks for this challenge so you can enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with your friends and family.

34 comments:

  1. Super job!!! I look forward to viewing and learning this technique from the video!! THanks so very much and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This is a fantstic card and a fabulous style and layout. The scene is brilliantly constructed. Lo ve the colours.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MA GOSH DONNA!! This is so cute! Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still wish I was your neighbor... how adorable is this. Your coloring is AMAZING... love this card, I have never done one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! I'll be trying this card fold. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and adorable Donna.
    Love it.
    Hugs Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. way cool card! I am trying to wrap my head around how you made it because try as I may, it looks too confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,
    You just keep outdoing yourself! I watched the video and made 3 Thanksgiving cards.I thought I would make Hello Kitty Christmas cards, but now I think I will figure out how to put Kitty on this one.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I love this. Do you ever sleep? Very COOL card :-)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously girlfriend? This is AWESOME!! The card fold itself is just spectacular!! But the colring, the images, the paper piecing! OH MY! ;) Seriously fab work.

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you poped the card out and it stands up. Cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. way too pretty :)

    i wish you the vest Thanksgiving ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG....when, where and how do you find the time to make such beautiful cards? I love all the cards you have posted. Wonderful work!!! TFS.

    Tamara

    scoopsgalore@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful. I love the unique design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite simply, I adore this!! Honestly.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna....love it. I love that fold and your images are so darn cute. Also love all the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the cutest card I ever saw, Donna! And I think I ought to be inspired... :D I will try this fold some day!

    Hope you are doing good... I've been away for so long, I hope you haven't forgotten me already ;-)

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Donna and I love the shape, how did you do that? beautiful design and love the papers.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Donna! Thanks for the link on the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Recipe sounds yummy!

    wittywife@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable! What a great way to bring a scene card to life and such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty Donna! Love the model of the card.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! How cute! I love the whole thing. Great card Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how it makes a scene too...so clever, but then you always are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Donna - sorry I'm so late in posting this!! But it's beautiful! I love the paper pieced tree!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful christmascard, love that stamp! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great style card. I really liked the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!