Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reality Bites!


Believe it or not I did a card "just because". No DT, no challenge, just because I wanted to. Meet Lilith, one of the Devil Dolls digis (say THAT 3 times fast! LOL) from StampInsanity. Lilith is feeling a little blue. Perhaps she has not come to terms with her "reality" and longs for the life that is just a sweet distant memory. Certainly she needs to improve her feeding habits. What a mess! Obviously the poor thing is starving! (for love?) Lilith is colored with Copics with a little Spica pen enhancement that doesn't show up. The bloody background are two digis from Tiddly Inks (do you believe that?! Probably not what Christy had in mind LOL) The drips are a freebie HERE and the splatter is actually from the new Love Hurts set. I changed the color of each in my Printmaster Pro program, printed them on color laser printer transparency film and layered them over DP from the DCWV La Crema stack.

The frame is cut with my Nesties Mega Curved Rectangles as is the computer generated sentiment. I did a bit of popping for dimension and added a little bat brad, adhesive gems and a webby bow that looks like a bat to me. Hope you like! xx

15 comments:

  1. VERY creative use of the "drips"!! Isn't it fun to create just to create??!! :-)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is too cute!! Love the drips and splatter...very cool - Love this image too - and YAY for you on just making something for fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW Donna - LOVE this!!!! Must learn how to change the colours!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, so proud of you taking that YOU time, and you spent it beautifully, great card, love the 3 colors that red just pops. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love it!! Stunning work as always!! I made something a TH quilt thought of you when I posted it. Check it out when ya have a chance. Hugs to ya, Dawn Gallop

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a genius! I LOVE (!) your just for you card!!! Seriously. Awesomeness.

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO! I don't like it all! I LOVE it girlie! So much thought goes into your creations and I just adore that about YOU! This is the coolest! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this one. The added little touches all come together so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this it is wonderful hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! You're just one of the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card !!! Your friend Susan E was working on one when she came to a crop at my house (said you had introduced them to her)...you both do a fantastic job on the coloring...keep those cards coming..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this is gorgeous!
    So wonderful colors and details!!
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  13. girlie---this is beyond cuteness....to start, that stamp is way cool. And your colors with the little extras...awesome...and I love how you used the image from Tiddy Inks...WTGG!!! Love it!!! Hope things are going good for you and your family....hugs my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is STUNNING!!! I love your layering of the splatter. Printing on transparency??? I am always afraid to attempt it. This is really a beautiful (and bittersweet) card. I love Lilith, and you did a wonderful job with her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about this card Donna. From the image to the splattering of blood and the web bow. Another fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!