Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tiddly Inks Our Pets Challenge, Some Freebies and a Blog Award


This week at Tiddly Inks we're celebrating our furbabies (or any animals for that matter). Was there any doubt that mine would be kitties? I actually planned on using Catgirl until I heard a song yesterday that made me change my mind. Besides, who could resist Cup of Kitty and Sealed With (both on SALE, WooHoo!) I thought they looked like Goliath and Jezzie, don't you? I don't have a program (no, believe it or not I don't have WORD or a decent edition of Photoshop)that lets me merge digi images (or if I do, I don't know how to use it) so I did this the old fashioned way...alot of fussy cutting! I printed Cup of Kitty several times, paper pieced the cup, cut out the kitty and moved her down to make room for the other little guy. He's also trimmed from his envelope and popped in the cup as well. They're both colored with Copics in lovely pastels (nothing like a little dye job to give you a lift, LOL). The paw print punch is by EK Success, the rub-on sentiment is Melissa Frances cut with my Nesties. I LOVE her rub-ons and think they work particularly well with Tiddly Inks Images. Inside will read "My Cup Runneth Over" but of course I was running late as usual and haven't finished it yet. I've been thinking about that ever since seeing Melissa's lovely card HERE (also done with a Tiddly Inks Image.) It's truly the way I'm feeling these days.



Now lots of great stuff happening at Tiddly Inks. There's a DT call HERE but you must be playing along. No Tiddly Inks images? (Shame on you!) But there are loads of FREE images to get you started so check them out HERE and also deets for even MORE freebies from our PCP Group. What a great way to get your feet wet. Now be sure to check out the adorable projects by the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and come and join us for some fun.


I also want to thank Smita for this Lovely Blog award. Smita and I became fast friends after she won my first Blog candy for 100 followers many moons ago. She's a fabulous crafter with an Indian twist so be sure to check out here blog HERE. One of the best things about blogging is meeting friends from all over the world who share a common interest. Thank you Smita, for this honor and for being my friend. I know I'm supposed to pass this along to 7 of my favorite blogs, but come on, only 7? I'm copping out here and offering it to all of my blogging friends. You're ALL my faves. xxD

15 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    this is a charming card. I love the colours and the image is super cute.
    Congrats on your award.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the blog award and super fantastic card, love the way you merged or sat and cut the images hehe more impressive, gorgeous card anyways x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this little kitty card with the two darlings is just precious. I love the card design, the coloring of the kitties and the look on the kitty faces. Love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card - and who could resist those sweet, sweet little kitties?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Donna! Love the soft colour.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable love the little kitty,great combo of colours.
    I have had to purchase it along with some others.
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you just a lover today?
    Must be this beautiful day and taking off in that shiny hot little sports car that's got you in the mood! hehe!

    Love the projects! The kitties are super cute and the crayon box was amazing..can't believe I don't have that cart, wish I did! And the stamps that go along w/ Nesties, awesome! Such a great Fall project!

    Hugs, and drive safe today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Donna... can you say "fussy cut"? So worth the effort! I love the pretty pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgious Donna. I love it :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna your card is just tooooo cute. Love those little kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Donna this kitty card is so cute - and man you did an amazing job fussy cutting those!! Thanks for the shout out and I just love this quote - it's nice to be thankful huh?? Love this! PS - mine is going to be full of kitties too! LOL
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, what a choice Goliath and Jezzie or or Cup of Kitty and Sealed with. Although I think Cup and Sealed are really awesome - you don't often see kitties with those colors - I think Goliath and Jezzie win :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a darling card...I lvoe the softness of your coloring too....cute!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too cute Donna! I love those images from Tiddly Inks and you did an incredible job cutting them out and putting them in the cup! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!