Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tiddly Inks Birthday Card


This week at Tiddly Inks our challenge is Birthday Cards. I just adore Take a Bow with her little birthday 'prise and couldn't wait to color her. Her dress is paper pieced, but instead of printing her on DP, I used a second image and stamped the dots with the Papertrey Ink Polka Dots Basics II set I'd received for my birthday from my dear friend Leah. (LOVE it, thanks Leah!) Then I fussy cut the dress in the usual paper piecing manner. Her bows and gift were colored twice and popped for dimension.

I wanted to do something a little different so I modified a swing card for the dimension I wanted to make a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card with a small swing window. This actually requred a piece of cardstock that was 13 inched long and it was scored at 5 1/2 and 9 1/4. The basic tut for doing the swing window with your Cuttlebug and Nestabilities is found HERE.
The swing window has a little embossed present from from the stamp cut and emboss set that came free with my Cuttlebug.
As you open the card the window swings (it has another embossed pressie on the other side). The sweet paper is Basic Grey Eva and I've added sheer ribbon to make the card look gift wrapped as well. The little metal hearts are Colorbok from J's.
I'm particularly pleased with how the inside came out. That gift you see is the same gift that you see in her hand. (AHHH, the beauty of digis! ) I blew the image up to the size that would give me a large enough present and printed it. Then I taped some card stock over the image and masked the ribbon lines so I could add a rub on (Melissa Frances) sentiment. Although blowing up the digi like that does increase the thickness of the lines, I trimmed the some of the thickness away around the outside when I cut it out. So now it's time to hop on over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog to see the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and dream up a creation of your own. There are sooo many adorable new images at The Tiddly Inks Store that it's almost impossible to choose. Also remember, there is a DT call if you'd like to join this fabulous team. Click HERE for deets. Again I apologize for being MIA on so many of my favorite blogs the past week or so. But eat your heart out guys, because I'm probably sipping coffee on the balcony gazing at the Golden Gate while you're reading this. No computer distractions here. It doesn't get any better than this!

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE those stamps as well..and honestly think anyone would NEED those polka dots! LOL!
    This is just darling and I love the card style you chose as well as the embossing and gift...
    the paper is super cute as well!!!!

    And Happy Anniversary (well, yesterday, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This is a wonderful design and layout. Beautiful papers and colours and fabulous images. Brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the Golden Gate - love this beautiful card!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Donna! I got my cuttlebug last week too and was thinking of how to use those cute stamp embossings. I really what you did with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I hope you are relazing on your vacation! Hurry back though cause I do believe I saw your name somewhere as a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, you do is consistently.....create a darling card. This is so precious. The paper is just perfect for the sweet little blonde girl, and oh that ribbon. What a wonderful card.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "Take a Bow" stamped card is wonderful!!! It's so cute and as always you didn't leave out any detail! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...you know how to make a girl jealous, don't you?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet!! I just love this fold and the cute image!! I used the same gorgeous dp on my card today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so darling - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. D-
    I have been MIA, but just was checking all your recent creations, and I have to say, you've really outdone yourself! I think the Ferris Wheel card is one of my all time favorites. And, the anniversary card you made for David is too cute.
    Hope you are well and you're having fun with your new camera!
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  12. watch yourself girlfriend! :)

    love this card..i might have to give it a try for some of the many challenges around.
    thanks for the inspiration.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the design of this card and the paper you used is so pretty. A perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just adorable, Donna! Love the stamped pattern on her dress and the overall design is wonderful! It makes me dizzy trying to figure out how to make one of these cards, so kudos to you for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet sweet card, love the design. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Donna...so much work and it is just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww Donna this is so super cute!! I am loving all your cards lately. Just been short on time to comment. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Donna! Just had to stop by to say how much I LOVE your adorable birthday card! Your coloring of this cutie is awesome. I can't get enough of these adorable images! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! So soft and pretty!!!

    crafty hugs!!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh!!! Sweet card and wonderful design.

    Hugs.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  21. what can I say girl....this is soo presious...and your design is great....pretty card!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is soooo cute... adorable colors. I love what you did with the gift :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!