Sunday, September 12, 2010

Macabre Monday Monochrome Monstrosities


Well it's another Macabre Monday and we at Haunted Design House are challenging you to do a Monochrome Monstrosity but... you must use black/grey, orange, green, or purple. Do you sense a Halloween thing going on here? LOL Well, I've gone with the black/grey and the Dia de los Muertos theme because I LOVE prolonging the Halloween experience and like the thought of my loved ones enjoying their life after death. My dining room is all set up (during the season) with ofrendas to my dearly departed with pictures and memorabilia in my hutch and on my sideboard. I even have made sugar skulls for my Mom and Dad and have a skully wedding couple next to their wedding picture along with the actual top to their wedding cake. Sorry, does that creep you out?

Anyway, I've done a bit of masking with some of my Stampotique stamps. I've masked the faces of Moth Fab and Bowtie (tell me they don't make a cute couple) and added skeletal faces from my new Halloween Cube 1 and 2. I think I may like this better than the originals. LOL They're shaded with Copics and cut with Nesties Mega Curved Rectangles.
Paper is the 6x6 Basic Grey Eerie pad and fiber and flowers are from my stash. The tombstone is a Cuttlebug cut and emboss set, inked with Distress Pumice Stone and a computer generated sentiment. Might make a nice anniversary card, eh? So now go have a looky at the rest of the Minions handiwork and don't forget to play along. We LOVE seeing your dark side.

15 comments:

  1. You sure get into your Halloween! Love the card, those images are great and love the colour combo. The flowers at the bottom at that perfect finishing touch.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    You are obviously a Halloween person. It's not celebrated to the same degree in Scotland as in America.
    Your card is a work of art and the techniques you have used certainly work well. Great crafting.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I so love this it is totally amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one sick chick! Great masking job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember that part of your Halloweenie decorations! Sounds pretty cool to me!
    I think this is so cool, this project, and the masked faces..wow. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh....now that's a Halloween card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well that will scare ya plenty. great job. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Girl....I was almost afraid to open your blog....spooky, creepy cute !!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best blog ever, I love what you have done with the stampotique guys - like they wern't scary enough to start with lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look totally creepy! Love your work as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love stopping by your blog...you always amaze me...and today is no different!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely wonderful job on the masking; I agree with you, I like them better this way :D
    Another fabulously creepy card, and you having a skull wedding picture for your Mum and Dad? That's just jaw-droppingly awesome! We are not worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I am a bit creeped out by the sugar skulls but think it's absolutely wonderful that you put your heart and soul - and talent - into remembering your loved ones. Good for you! Great job with the card too, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Donna. I thought you had Christmas cornered but you do the macabe quite well too -- this card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOOHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! LOL...awesome!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!