Sunday, September 26, 2010

Macabre Monday #58 Magical Mayhem and Sweet Pea Stamps Challenge - Show Us Your Dream


There's Magical Mayhem at Haunted Design House this week and I've used the gorgeous ching-chou kuik's Exotic Halloween from Sweet Pea Stamps. I have to say these images look intimidating to color, but I'm always so proud of myself when they're done. Magical, wouldn't you say? She's colored with Copics and highlighted with Spica Pens for extra sparkle (which of course doesn't show in the pic). I chose the colors from the fab paper by Basic Grey Eerie 6x6 pad. She's cut and matted with my Nesties labels 9 and I added some tiny Rain Dots to the DP for texture. I gathered some gorgeous webby ribbon sent by my Sinister Sister, Creepy Glowbug (thanks, Glo!) and added a Prima flower, some orange rhinestones and 2 star pins by Making Memories (that looked like magic wands to me). I'm also entering this in the very first Sweet Pea challenge at In a Sweet Pea Dream which is Show Us Your Dream. The Macabre Minions have wonderful things in store for you at Haunted Design House so be sure to take a look and come play along. Then pop on over to In a Sweet Pea Dream to check out the great new things happening at this fabulous new challenge blog.

18 comments:

  1. ooooh this is very eerie and also very fabulous Donna! Your colouring is beautiful and those black flowers with webby ribbon just perfect!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is TOO COOL! I love the colors and all the background swirly designs! Beautiful coloring and compositions! Just Lovely! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very nice creation wow ! Coloring is fantastic !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhh... Donna, love that stamp and your coloring is fabulous! Cool background paper! Why don't I have that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colours and layout on this Donna - awesome job! Have been checking out what else I've missed lately too - you are Waaayyyyyy to clever!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Donna that image is so beautifully coloured and matches the paper so well. You really rock halloween and the flower is gorgeous. I have to agree the pins do look like magic wands.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your card absolutely rocks! I love your choice in colors and images for this challenge - it's all so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfully eerie card, Donna! FABULOUS background and the Sweet Pea stamp is awesome with your gorgeous coloring! Have a great day!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. I'm almost speechless. What an impressive card! I love all the hidden elements in the tree! Your coloring is awesome and you should be proud! She's creepily gorgeous! This has to be one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have shown this image off to it's most spectacular best. Love everything about it. Thankyou
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't believe I'm enjoying "creepy" as much as I am -- but I am!!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have definitely turned her from CREEPY to gorgeous!!!! I love all the elements you have added to make this superb project!!!

    Thanks for joining us for the first challenge at “In A Sweet Pea Dream” and best of luck! I hope to see many more from you in future challenges.

    xoxo,
    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is THE perfect Halloween card! The colors you used on the image is perfect with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE IT! Love the background paper. You rocked this images. Thank you for partaking in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it and Basic Grey Eerie pad is so darn cute:).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I never commented on this I am going mad (with tiredness) this is so super gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!