Sunday, September 19, 2010

Macabre Monday # 057 Horrific Haunts


This week at Haunted Design House our Macabre Monday Challenge is Horrific Haunts. We're all about haunted houses. I pulled out my Oct 31st cartridge and cut the house, tree and clouds with lightening. My original intention was to make a luminaria using a glass vase or something but I didn't have anything big enough. Instead I made a frame from Happy Hauntings and messed with it in Design Studio until I had decent proportions for my cuts. It turned out to be almost 12 x 13 and I cut it 4 times, hiding the contours on 3 of them and using colored vellum as a background so it could be lit from behind or hung in a window. I added the moon (also from Oct 31st) and used MS border punches for the fence and graveyard. The clouds and moon are behind the vellum, the punches and house are on it, and the tree is popped. I used enough foam between the layers of the frame that I didn't need to use chipboard. Now wait 'til you see the rest of the fabulous creations from my Sinister Sisters, the Macabre Minions. I think we really stepped it up this week. Ready for a challenge? Come check us out. It's only 40 more days 'til Halloween!

24 comments:

  1. Oh WOW - that's awesome! I love it - the eery light from behind is just cool! Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here's another "WOW". I really like how you did this card!!! I too like the lighted-look effect and the topper really makes it kind of elegant!

    You did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    The colours on this spooky card are magnificent. The yellow background really makes everything stand out. Brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Donna how amazing is this!! Love the spooky silhouette look and the green vellum background which lets the eerie light through perfectly! Love love love this!!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant work that is an amazing looking effect x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, I love how this all glows, great special effects job, terrific project for a window. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, what a neat looking "scene".....love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Donna. This is unbelievable. So cool. I definitely have to get that Oct 31st cart out.
    It's turning cooler here - just like fall. Hope the weather is good in CA.
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!! Love the way you have used the border punches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. Love the cuts behind the vellum, popped on top and the frame. Great vision! Your style rocks!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fierce! You cannot buy something this cool in stores - I WANT IT! ;) Absolutely awesome - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning, I love everything about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay..this totally blows me away!
    I mean if this whole thing doesn't capture the magic of this holiday..I don't know what would!
    This is something I am really wanting to see in person! Justin works the next 2 weeks again but has off most weekends in Oct. Maybe we can visit?
    Off to see your other post...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way cool, girl! Love all of those gnarly cuts against the illuminated night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG this is soo cool! I love the colored vellum and that cloud with the lightening , wow! I think I do need that cart now! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. omgawd!!! You used lights....YEA!!!!! You knew I would just love this project....I have been trying to figure out something with lights for a Halloween project....this really inspires me to...thank you!!! you're rocking girlie!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks just super! WOW! I love the different layers and that coloured vellum is fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH WOZERS!! You are such an inspiration. I just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love visiting your blog - and this is one example of why. Your amazing creations are just so great and inspiring.
    Thankyou Donna
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your haunted house is truly amazing! Btw, my "magic happens" ATC is on its way to your probably not so horrific haunt. I hope you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW...You put a lot of thought and work into this and it shows. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donna WOW -The whole scene is the reason for Halloween. Now I know I need this cart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!