Monday, September 6, 2010

BBTB2 Mini Monograms Challenge


First of all, Happy 35th Anniversary to my (I'll spare you the pet names. LOL) hubby. He won't see this because he never checks out my blog but I must report he let out a HOOT when he opened the card I made him. (and blushed when he asked if I had posted it, LOL) We're off to one of our favorite places, Cavallo Point in Sausalito, for a fabulous meal (can you say Michelin Star?) and overnight and I hope to take pix from our window of the Golden Gate tonight with my new camera (WooHoo!)

Anyway, this week at BBTB2 it's Readers Choice, Mini Monograms. I don't actually have this cartridge but my dear friend Leah does so thanks again Sweetie, you're a lifesaver! It was my recollection that we could use any of the creative features, but we were supposed to use numbers so I created a Halloween door hanger.


One thing that's sort of weird about this cartridge is that all of the numbers aren't included in all of the features so I had to do quite a bit of cutting and pasting (and hiding contours in DS) to get what I wanted. All of the cuts are from Mini Monograms, the card stock is Stampin'Up Basic Black and Dusty Durango (thanks, Lillie) , the embossing is the Tim Holtz Swirls folder, the DP is K&Co, ribbon is Offray and the tiny bats and ghosts are Rain Dots.

Of course the layers are popped and I'm a little disappointed in myself for not embellishing it more elaborately. Time was not on my side, LOL. My DT sisters have come up with some fabulously creative ideas so pop by BBTB2 and have a look. We love it when you play along, but if you don't have the cartridge, you're welcome to find something similar on one of the others and use that instead. So soon we'll be off (with no computer to distract us) but I'll be back tomorrow with a new Tiddly Inks card (thank heavens for scheduled postings) so pop back by.

20 comments:

  1. Love it, Donna!!! Such a cute idea!! I haven't played with my Cricut for eons (since packing up & moving) and now I can't wait to play! Your creations are always SO inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME, Donna! Love the contrasting black and orange and the way the ribbon weaves through each panel. Hope you two had a spectacular time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, bad girl!!! Heee -- heeee!!! I hope you and the hubby enjoyed/are enjoying a wonderful and happy anniversary; I'm sure you are!!! I'm sure he did get a hoot out of your card and I wish I could have seen his face when he opened it; that was probably the real hoot!!!

    Donna, I just love who you are and your personality, my friend! I always feel inspired and humored when I visit you!!!

    It really doesn't surprise or amaze me that your door hanger is awesome because you never fail to let your followers and friends leave without their mouths hanging open and frothing!!!

    Hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute door hangar, you have a great time, we really want to see that golden gate. lol. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that door hanger.
    Hope you both have a fantastic time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Donna. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 38th next week. Love,love,love your door hanger. It drove me nuts when I was doing my phone design that all the numbers weren't on each feature. It didn't occur to me to cut, paste and hide contours with my Gypsy. Duh!!! You always have the greatest ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is a wonderful door hanging!! I love it! Can I scrap-lift for a Christmas one?? I love this and it would look so good on one of our doors in our house!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Donna...I used the same squares for my Halloween garland.

    Happy Anniversary you naughty girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I always love your wall hangings. I love how you wove the ribbon and the embossing. Happy Anniversary.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary Donna, hope you have a great meal to celbrate.

    Love the wall hanging, Halloween colours are always just gorgeous.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely brilliant so professional looking and classy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Donna....Happy Anniversary....have a great time in Sausalito!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute door hanger Donna! Leave it to you to come up with something fabulous for the challenge! Hope you had a wonderful evening with hubby and again Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Almost missed this puppy....
    How cute/cool!
    I agree, the cart is strange (wonder why I "had" to have it?)
    You got a new camera? That's exciting!!!
    Can't wait to see photos from it and hear about your trip...

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, Happy Anniversary!

    I love your door hanger. I've been wanting to make something like this so I just may have to copy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!..I love all the dry embossing detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary to you both! I love your banner Donna and it's beautifully decorated and the ribbon is fab! Need to catch upon your blog now my laptop is fixed!!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Anniversary....I hope it was a great one.....I think it looks perfect the way it is....but I love everything you make....I'm your biggest fan,...HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the embossing, the rounded corners and everything about this project!! Super nice


    Smita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!