Monday, September 13, 2010

BBTB2 Crayon Box Challenge


This week Regina, our dear BBTB2 DT sister, founder of the original BBTB and owner of the fabulous Cutting Cafe chose the Crayon Box from the TBBM cartridge. I love this cut and often use it for envies for my fat Cricut cards. Actually I use it so often that I had a bit of a brain freeze. In a way I feel like I've cheated a bit because the box is the only Cricut on this project. As I've said before, I'm trying to actually USE some of my new crafty purchases (as well as old stash) so that's how this came about. The box was cut at 9" which is the largest you can cut it on a 12" mat.
At the Santa Clara Scrap Expo I purchased a number of the Heartfelt Creations stamp sets that coordinate with Spellbinder's Nesties. This was a first attempt and I must say they take a bit of practice to line up, even using the template method as recommended. I'm not gonna tell you how many got tossed in the bin. I used both the Aztec Gold Sunflowers sets 1 and 2 which coordinate with the Nesties Blossom 2. They were embossed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder and inked with Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Brushed Corduroy (does that scream "Fall" or what?) The gorgeous corners are from the Heartfelt Creations Perfect Petals Die Cut by Spellbinders. The seeds are hand cut and the sentiment was cut with Nesties Labels Four (both on the Sunflowers 1 set).
The DP is K&Co Wild Saffron and so are the layered sticker leaves, tiny lady bug and dragonfly. The gorgeous Offray ribbon from my LSS inspired me to attach it to the box but leave it loose near the flap for a tie closure. My DT sisters knocked this one out of the park with tons of creative inspiration so be sure to check out BBTB2 if you haven't already. I hope you're inspired enough to try your own.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    This is a fantastic crayon box. the papers, colours and embellishments are brilliant. This is an awesome project. Beautiful crafting.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, what an adorable crayon box and the sentiment is so true!

    Hugs and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D-
    I'd say YOU knocked this one out of the park too! I am so glad you are using the K & Co's Wild Saffron papers - I loved it the first time I saw it and it's still a winner. Those flowers are fabulous. I'd like to see them up close. I bet they are even more beautiful.
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pure candy for the eyes!! And with a box like that it really wouldn't matter what was *IN* it lol. It's realllllly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH this is gorgeous-I love the fall colors and that big bow on the card is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous box, Donna! I love the colour combinations and all the extras that you've added. As I commented at BBTB2, I've never even noticed the crayon box on TBBM. I'll definitely be giving this a look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful box! I love how you decorated it! I never thought of using it for my cards. How large is the envelope when cut at 9"? Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I don't know where to start, love it all, the papers, the flowers are to die for and the ribbon is such a perfect match. You just rocked this challenge.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful card !!! LOVE the colors....the ribbon is delish and the sentiment is so sweet!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow donna girl, this came out fantastic...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!!! The colors are so different from your palette :-) I love it!!

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna this is just gorgeous. Wow, just when I think you've outdone yourself....you outdo it again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well this is simply lovely!! I so love sunflowers and your crayon box is fantastic!!! Whats inside??? You has such great design in this one!!!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yummmm, great box and those fall colors are just the BEST. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. that ribbon is SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

    crafty hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of using this as an envelope for thicker cards. This is gorgeous and it uses one of most favorite K&Co. lines.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I have to agree with Heather, I never would have thought to use something like this for the chunkier cards but what a great idea! I always learn something new from You, Thanks!!! I also love the colors and the red corner dies are amazing, I will have to keep my eye out for that one! Also love the bow!
    ((HUgs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love fall colors and this seems to have everyone of them in it! I can just hear the rustling leaves and feel the crunch under my feet as I walk through them. Awesome, Awesome card and box!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome take on the challenge girlfriend! I so love the gorgeous fall colors, and the paper is too die for. Love the entire creation.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is such a great cut....and you've made such a great project...lovin those papers as well....hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous box! I so love the fall colors and the the flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!