Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bah!Humbug! Text Challenge and Caardvarks Clean and Simple


WooHoo! I'm recovering from TWO nights of concerts and dinners at Wente Vineyards (Don Henley and Harry Connick Jr.) but I still managed to do the current Bah! Humbug! challenge (before the last minute) which is text. I bought this 3 pack of Christmas text stamps by Hero Arts at M's a least a year ago but hadn't inked them up. I thought they would be perfect for some clean and simple Christmas cards that I could also enter in the current Caardvarks challenge (thanks to Heidi for reminding me and for being about the best example of CAS on the planet) as well. I cut it out with my Nesties Classic Rectangles and then cut a scalloped rectangle out of a white mat. I then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Holly folder. I'm anxious to do more of these with the other two stamps in the set.

I'm really happy with the results, especially after I popped the mat and text and added the few adhesive pearls. They do match a bit better than they appear to in the picture. You can still have a go at both these challenges so pop over to Bah! Humbug! and Caardvarks and take a look at the beautiful inspiration from the DT members.

17 comments:

  1. Oh Ms Donna! I always LOVE visting your blog! First, there is your awesome talent and then your little stories! You crack me up girlie! Love it all, yes I do! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Donna this is just so beautiful. Love the stamp - love the embossing and well everything.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    This is one classy card. I love the embossing and the layout. Great sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection Donna! I absolutely LOVE the white embossing and the pops of red fabulous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the embossing and the sentiment. Wow! Is Don Henley touring without the Eagles. I saw them a few years ago and really enjoyed the show. Best concert I ever attended. I'm one of your team mates on the Cuttlebug Spot and just wanted to drop by and say hello. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so elegant, crisp and clean!

    are you going to give me a hug or not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I know you're not usually the "simple" type...well, at least where cardmaking is concerned...heehee....kidding...luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Donna. CASS card indeed.... clean and simply stunning.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super nice!! CAS really... it is so difficult to make such a clean card. Loved how you added color so subtly, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is stunning! The embossing looks fab...I must investigate that folder! lol
    Looking forward to working with you on the Cuttlebug Spot! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful , simple card....I love the embossed look and you did a great job added the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you've been having a great week! Great card, Donna! I haven't seen that embossing folder before. It looks so sharp on the white against the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Donna

    Wow this is just beautiful. I love the red sentiment and gems - a simple card but so slegant and gorgeous. Perfect.

    Totally envious of your concert visit to see Harry Connick.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latetst challange.

    irene
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, Donna! Clean and simple and great use of the stamp! Perfect embossing choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous Donna! I love colored layers on white embossing and this one is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your embossing always look so sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!