Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Wooden" it be nice?


I'm sorry for the pun, but I just couldn't help myself. I got some of the coolest wood veneer from Creative Imaginations at my LSS and I couldn't wait to use my adorable Cottage Cutz beaver die from the Camping release at the Scrapping Cottage. Tell me he's not the cutest. He's cut in my Cuttlebug using the A, C and B plates and I shaded him a bit with my Copics. I used 3 different woods on my card; one for the mat, the light punched border (how cool is that?!) and I little thicker one for the stick in his hand. The circles are done with my Nesties. The trees are from the DCWV Green Stack. "Hello Friend" is from the Cuttlebug Everyday Greetings card making combo.
Inside, the computer generated sentiment is truly hokey but I couldn't resist. The little punched corners (EK Success) are also wood. Gotta get more of that stuff! Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see more adorable cards made with Cottage Cutz dies. We have fun examples every other Thursday. Also visit The Cottage Blog where ideas and inspiration abounds.

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is too stinken CUTE!!! :) and i love the pun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hokey or not I love it! Great card Donna.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi donna,
    What a sweet card. I love the beaver guy - he's so cute. Love the wood effect. Great card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna
    Great card ...2cute!
    Hugs Wanda:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so cute..lovin that cute beaver...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, too stinkin cute, love that beaver and that wood veneer it awesome. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to put him in my pocket and take him home!!! So darn cute, Donna! That wood veneer is something I could really "sink my teeth into" hee hee! You want hokey, wait'll ya see mine! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is way to cool. I need some of that wood veneer, that is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Donna!! That wood veneer is awesome!!! TFS

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I love me a good pun!

    So, so cute Donna! I just love that wood paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it and am sooooo going to lift this idea from you! Wooden it be nice! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, isn't he just the cutest? And that wood veneer ... I need to get my hands of some of that!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card! TFS : ). Love the pun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. who doesn't love a cute beaver? ;o)
    this is soooooooooo flippin' cute, I just can't stand it! those really are incredible dies, aren't they..now I NEED to come over and see those other campin' dies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH HOW CUTE IS THIS :)
    I love that cute little image...and that sentiment is crackin me up :)
    And wow, that wood looks awesome too. I'm gonna look into getting some of that :)
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't that just the cutest and how appropriate to use the wood for the background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so cute Donna love thhat little beaver! You reminded me that somewhere (ha ha I'll probably never find it now!) I have a bag of that wood veneer from years ago! It's just perfect for this gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is just too cute! I love it! That card is sure to make anyone smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Donna this is just too cute! Love that image, he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!