Monday, January 18, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot "10" Challenge and the WINNER!


In celebration of 2010, this week at The Cuttlebug Spot we were challenged to use the word or number "10" on our project. My sweet DH has been such a dear lately that I immediately thought of him and made this little book "10 Things I Love About You" which I hope to finish by Valentine's Day. Now that I've finally figured out my BIA you may just see a TON of projects using that little gadget. LOL WAAAYYY fun! I sorta of wish the Cuttlebug Numbers folder were a little bigger because I've just about covered it up with all of the other stuff, but I used Coredinations Whitewash card stock and sanded and attempted to distress the edges a bit. The "10" and "U" are Precut Grungeboard shapes that I painted with acrylic paint. The "10" is embossed with Swiss Dots, but the "U" was already textured so I just colored the dots with my Copics and slapped on anther coat of paint to try and mute it a bit but those dots came right back through.
I cut the word "love" out twice of adhesive backed fun foam using the Cuttlebug Love Language Card-Making Combo. (Wow, that cuts like buddah! COOL!) I trimmed one of the words and stacked them so "love" would lay flat over the popped "U". The hearts were cut with my Nesties using Little Sizzles Textures Handmade Paper that I got at Custom Crops. My dear friend Margie uses it frequently and I LOVE the look. I even embossed the larger heart with the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks folder which squishes some of the texture, but still was a cool effect.

Here are some dimensional shots. The rest of the words were spelled out in Alpha Beads, the doily is from Target, and my project wouldn't be complete without some adhesive beads from M's. LOL Now I bet some of you are wondering where my BBTB2 project is, right? Well I had a really busy week getting ready for company so I left it for Sunday (who am I kidding, I almost ALWAYS leave it for Sunday) but yesterday I had quite a reaction to the rich food I served Saturday night (I've been being SOOOO good since the new year and I think my stomach was in SHOCK!) so was unable to complete it. I will be trying to catch up today and hopefully post it tomorrow.

My DT sisters came up with fabulous projects this week so be sure to stop over by clicking HERE and don't forget a random participant in this week's challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate to Custom Crops.

And now for the WINNER of The Cutting Cafe 2010 Calendar set and Journaling Lines Background Stamps is (chosen by random by DH who never knows why I'm always asking him to "pick a number").....

LUCKY # 7 FLOWERDISCO!

Congrats flowerdisco! Please email me at dlmundinger (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll send those sets right out to you.

22 comments:

  1. Wow Donna, what a cute little book and great idea...I think my hunny would love one too....he is a big fan of my projects and really thinks they are special when he gets one lol....You are really tempting me to take my BIA out of the box LOL
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay see how fast your mastered the BIA? Do you see a question here? LOL, it is a beautiful project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    This is really sweet and so romantic. I love the colours and the cutouts and embellishments. It's beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend Awesome Job!!!! I love it, and how sweet to create a little book for honey. Love all the added texture and details. You rocked this weeks challenge my friend. Now I know I must hurry and get my BIA, you can give me lessons. LOL!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is soooo cute! Stimulating some crafty ideas for me!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,
    I hope you r feeling better...I love this little book..U r Amazing..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  7. That album took my breath away, thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and so creative, Donna! I love the way you've arranged everything! What a fabulous Valentine's gift for hubby! Hope you're feeling better. Those rich food nights can be rough on a person! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWSER, Donna! You are so incredibly creative! This is wild, sweet, romantic, and your hubby will love it! So many things to look at, so much fun!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, this little book is so dang cute, I've looked at it about 4 times...trying to drink in all the darling details. I know you loved working with the BIA and I know I will see a lot more projects using it. I sure love mine.
    Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna this is just a wonderful project. Hope this message comes through as I'm using my new laptop and our new wireless system (DS here I come!). Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Donna, another stunning project! What a sweet gift this will make for hubby!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT! All the different textures and dimension...wow! Great card! I'm sure your hubby will love it. Hope your tummy's feeling lots better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good grief lady...your one amazing lady...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Donna, you are on a roll with that BIA! This is awesome! I love how you did the title and the funky paper looks great! (Thanks for the shout out!) I love the chunkiness of the cover! (is that a word?) DH is going to thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, Happy New Year. I've missed visiting and looking at all your amazing creations. Such a fabulous gift for hubby, love the colours and texture. I need to dust off my BIA, you have inspired me once again. Hope you are feeling better.
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. LoVe ThE cArD!!! (Can you tell I'm going for the dimensional look too?!!)

    I never thought to put fun foam through the CB die-cuts! I learn something new everytime I visit with you!

    Enjoy yourself at CHA and meeting the CC ladies, both will be memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooooooooooo cute Donna !! I love it. Such beautifull colours and the details. Beautifull !!
    Don't you just love your bind it all :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  19. These colors are PERFECT together girl...I really love (no pun intended) your design on this...another creative one girl...have a great day!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing Donna!!!! What a wonderful wonderful project. I have no words great enough to say how much I love it!!
    Hope your tummy is better now
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I couldn't love this anymore, its absolutely brilliant! Love all the layers!
    I'm new to my BIA, I'm working on a 1st year book for my nephew with it, so far so good...
    Hugs!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pics! Miss you Momma Donna!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!