Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Contemporary Christmas Card from The Cutting Cafe


So this one is a little different for me. I was inspired by the little ribbon trio I got at M's last week. The color combo just sings to me and I thought a contemporary card might be in order. I browsed through my Cutting Cafe files and came across the Christmas Long Phrases printable stamp set. There are 6 different phrases included in this set, but the "May you holiday season be all wrapped up in cheer" was perfect for what I had in mind.

I printed the phrase out twice in the colors to match my ribbons and wove them together to look like a wrapped present. The background is embossed with the new Tartan Cuttlebug folder. Then all I needed was a big bow.

Regina must have read my mind this year when she came up with the Christmas Card Inside Greetings. I rarely finish the inside when I'm making a card and then have to scramble to come up with something when I want to send it. NO MORE! In fact there are so many different sentiments in this set that I've finished the last 3 cards both inside and out! YEA!!!!!! There's a variety of different fonts and styles so this is a MUST HAVE! Also don't forget! You have until midnight PST to download the Christmas Daily set ABSOLUTELY FREE. Regina has had such an overwhelming response to this generous offer that she even has a link where you can download it YOURSELF. NO WAITING! Click HERE before it's gone!





13 comments:

  1. Wow, look at me being first (unless someone types faster than me). This card is so adorable, it's not your style but you have definitely made an absolutely "beautiful" card. I love how you put the phrases on it. As I keep saying, there is nothing that you can't turn into something amazing. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow wow...i love how you did this...this is surely new for you, but oh so amazing...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is soooo cool! I love how you make it sound like it's no big deal when you're describing it to me! I love how your font color coordinates with your ribbon! It looks like a beautiful package all ready to be mailed. You have my address, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty ribbons- i just love ribbon. Just look at my many boxes and collections.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love this! What a neato idea girlie! You are right, not the "normal" card for you, but even when you step out of your comfort zone, you do it up just right! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Donna I love the matching colours of the sentiments and ribbons and the weaving is wonderful. Such a gorgeous card and not a pop dot in sight!!!! lol!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though it's a new style for you, it's a beautiful creation! I just love the thin ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Donna, I still haven't mastered the art of changing the font colour, I am such a numptie! Have a great weekend,
    luv
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh Donna...look at how creative you are girlie...I love love love how you made this into ribbon...you go girl...and your card turned out awesom...and very contempary...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gave ya a few clicks... I'm outta here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!