Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Easter Basket/Bag Challenge




This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we were challenged to alter a bag or basket for Easter. I went rooting through my stuff to look for something, even purchased a cute pail, but while browsing the Martha Stewart website I came across this inspiration. (Pix and explanation to follow below.) After making the basket I used one of my 12x24 sheets of Provocraft cardstock to go around it with only 1 seam. The flower folder from the With Gratitude set is nice and even (like Swiss Dots so I was able to emboss all along the strip and the images matched up perfectly. The handle strip is the dotted border folder and the basket edging is the threading water border punch.


I did a bit of recycling with the grass (it's sushi grass LOL) and I added tons of primas with skittle centers. The adorable chicks are a Cottage Cutz die available exclusively from The Scrapping Cottage. I've gone absolutely nuts over these dies! SOOOOO CUTE! The panoramic "egg" is done with my Nesties and another packaging bubble from some brads. I cuttled both inside and out with D'Vine Swirls and Swiss dots and added some little beads for bird seed.


The little treat bag topper is cut with my Nesties Labels 1 and the egg is also a Spellbinders die. I just love the way you can use them as a stencil so I decorated the it with my metallic gel pens. This was one FUN challenge. Why don't you come play along at The Cuttlebug Spot and while you're there take a look at the fabulous projects my design team sisters came up with this week.

18 comments:

  1. These are adorable Donna, I haven't seen that chickie die. I love it.
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest thing ever!! I could never come up with something this great!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!! I love everything about it! Very clever using the bubble. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is your basket! You asked about the border punch on my basket, it is a Martha Stewart punch which is very hard to find. My friends and I have been looking everywhere. I happened to be in New York city viisting my daughter and we found them at Lee's Art store. You can google art store's in N.Y. city and it will come up.
    This certainlyis a fun challenge.
    Marcelle @ stampingthyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is a fantastic basket!!! all the detail you put into it is amazing!! **wish the easter bunny would have brought me one like this when i was young*;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never in my life have I seen recycling look so good! That panoramic egg bubble is beyond cool Donna! Your creativity is astounding!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so completely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, if that isn't the cutest darn thing! That chick in the bubble is adorable! What a fantastic idea! Love all the embossing and all of the pretty papers! I'm going to take another look at Scrapping Cottage for that die. Of course, by the time I receive it, it'll be time for black cats and spiders! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, what a great job you did with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're such an amazing paper crafter, Donna. I am blown away every time I see your work! Another awesome work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO GORGEOUS DONNA!!!!!!!
    I know I am shouting but it is so fab
    Hugs
    Lana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what amazingness! This is the cutest basket ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your basket is beautiful! I love all of the detail you put into it. And the lil chick is oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome donna! you are just amazing! could you send even just a smidgeon of your talent my way...pleeeasssee :) hugs! shelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty garden scene you created around the bottom of the basket. How fun to have a plastic bubble to showcase your chick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous bag Donna... love all the details... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic bag :) I can tell you had fun making it. I love the chickies too. Too fun!
    Hugs
    Rheannon

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your stuff... this is so special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!