Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My First MCPT


The Cricut message board is great for enabling. I see more stuff on there that I never knew I needed and my pocketbook has suffered greatly since becoming a member. I purchased a set of the Prisma colored pencils after marvelling over All of SusieB's gorgeous creations (check out her Heartprints gallery if you really want to be inspired). I didn't try them though until I joined the Aprile's MCPT challenge on the board. (For those of you unfamiliar with MCPT it stands for Magic Colored Pencil Technique and uses gamsol or mineral spirits to blend the colored pencils. Susie has a great tutorial for this technique which I watched many times before taking the plunge.) Here's my first try and I was pretty pleased with the results. I used the spring card fold again and framed the image with some scalloped circles cut from Accent Essentials. The cute flowers on the base are Favorite Findings buttons that I clipped the back loop off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!